May - June 2004
A Community Deeply Rooted in Love by Jan Deremo Lundy
To build a community based on love is possible in today's crazy world. Jan and her husband Brad found this to be true on their trip to Kaua'i this past September, after meeting strangers who gathered to witness their wedding. The blessed day was filled with promise, hope and love, which inspired them to create the same arena for building a holistic community - Holistic Village.org. This wonderful story is so appropriate for our anniversary issue because Brad helped Char start Inspiration, A Journal through email and phone conversations.
Healing and Health by Dr. Lisa Chun, D.O.
Dr. Lisa Chun, Kaua'i's leading Osteopath opens the door to all modalities of healing. Through her experience and knowledge she shares the importance of each healing method because they are as individual as we are individual beings. Underlying each healing process in the ability to love yourself. Dr. Lisa graced our first cover and will always be Inspiration's cover girl.
Basic Principles of Ayurveda, part 1 by Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar
Many of us find the Ayurveda way of life intriguing, but complex. Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar lays out the basic principles making it easier to comprehend and integrate into your life. In part 1 of this series, begin learning about this ancient science of life that encompasses your whole being - the mind, body and spirit.
- Hormone Balancing by Dr. Leia Melead
- Sunday Contemplation / Practicing The Presence by Richard Diamond
- Forgiveness is Synonymous With Healing by Tobbie Tuttle
- Practicing Yoga by Erwin Bahlas
- Lomi Before Yoga by Michelle Edwards
- Bikram Yoga by Greg Sheppard
- Chakra #4 by Gloria Coppola
- Summer Element - Fire by Alaya DeNoyelles
- A Union Between the Earth and Its New Caretakers by Stephanie Bauman
- More Than the Sum of our Physical Parts by Francine Kanter
- 50 Ways to Love Your Liver by Annalia Russell
- Poem: May Day by BB Choi
Previous Issue | Index | Next Issue