September - October 2007
Download the The September/October of this issue.
Requires the free
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Empowering Boys To Be Men: Kaua'i Team Challenge
What does it mean to be a man - not just legally, but ethically, morally, emotionally and spiritually? How does a young person today come of age in our fast-paced, info-overloaded, automated, materialistic and highly technical American culture? And most important, what role do adults play in helping boys assume the responsibility of manhood?
Let a Midwife or Doula Help You Naturally
I am looking towards the Waianae mountain range at the remains of the Kukaniloko birthing stones, just north of Wahiawa on O‘ahu. In times past, a woman of royal status who was in labor would make her way to this site to give birth. Anchored by two of her attendants, she would squat over the sacred birthing stone until her baby was born.
Customized Child Development
"I've read books and articles, and have been to seminars on how to bring out the best in my child. They don't work with [insert your child's name]!" And the reason it doesn't work, is because each child is unique. Much like an acorn holds the blueprint for how an oak will unfold, an astrological birth chart maps out each child's unique programming.
Stephen Simon on DÉJÀ VU
I'm pretty sure I have the best job in the world. Each month I get to select films for the Spiritual Cinema Circle subscribers to see. These shorts, documentaries and features are not only inspiring and uplifting but very often heart-opening and thought provoking. As a filmmaker, I know all too well the heartbreak of making a film, seeing it through a brief theatrical release, only to have it disappear before a large audience can discover it.
- Let a Midwife or Doula Help You Naturally by Ann Ravelo
- TRANSCENDING FEAR THROUGH HYPNOBIRTHING by Taj Jure
- These are our Children by Carey Hardy
- Customized Child Development by Sharon Douglas
- Kaua'i Team Challenge Empowers Boys To Be Men by Mason Chock
- BEATING THE BODY IMAGE BLUES by Tiffany Niide M.D.
- Listen to the Song of the Kupuna by Jeana Naluai
- Inspire Yourself and Others by Sunny Massad, Ph.D.
- All You Ever Wanted To Know About Healing by Lisa Raphael
- A Shaman's World: An Interview with Shaman Siddartha Malone by Ganshet Nandoskar
- Retreat in Paradise: A Time for Transformation by Richard Diamond
- DÉJÀ VU, AFilm Commentary by Stephen Simon
- Apollo Kaua'i: GO SOLAR AND SAVE by Sharry Glass
- QUESTION MARK - ASK THE NATURAL CHEF by Chef Mark Reinfeld
- Le Guru is YOU!! - Hatha Yoga and Beyond by Paul Reynolds
Previous Issue | Index | Next Issue