July - August 2007
Download the front half/back half of this issue.
Requires the free
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Tap into the realm of Synchronicity by Deepak Chopra and David Simon
The decomposing leaves dropped last autumn transform into new shoots budding in the spring. The atoms comprising the lunch you had yesterday find new purpose as the molecular components of your cells and tissues today. Everywhere, the inert molecules transformed into bodies of living entities undergo perpetual revival.
Kaua'i's Japanese Stone Lantern Project: The Healing of Two Countries Through History and Heart
It was 1972 when some children playing in a Kaua`i park noticed a metal rod protruding from the ground. Their parents, fearing the kids could hurt themselves, asked the county Public Works Department to remove it. The Kaua'i Historical Society, however, realized that it was part of an old monument and urged the county to unearth it. What was uncovered was an historic Japanese stone lantern, a monument shrouded in decades of controversy.
Ayurveda for the Hot Summer
The ancient Ayurvedic texts clearly distinguish how to best care for our bodies. As the seasons change, so should our self care routine. Each season enlivens different qualities in our body/mind/emotions. Chances are this year we in Hawaii we will have a very hot summer especially when the trade winds are low.
What kind of "table food" are the veterinarians eating? An interview with Ihor Basko
The issue as relates to animals has come strongly to the forefront of Western societies' consciousness because of the intimate connection between pets and owners. The subject was given urgency recently by the recall of tons of contaminated pet food that had caused severe illness and deaths (true numbers yet to be determined) in the four-legged populace. This event overturned the pet food industry "rock" and exposed some pretty ugly decay both metaphorically and realistically.
- Kaua'i's Japanese Stone Lantern Project: The Healing of Two Countries Through History and Heart By Tammi Andersland
- East-West Embrace by Lisa Barstow
- Opening to the Divine by Dr. Ruey Ryburn
- Abundance, THE SECRET and your stars! by Sharon Douglas
- Ayurveda for the hot Summer by Darci Frankel
- WALKING FOR HEALTH by Jeff Kennedy
- Le Guru: Hatha Yoga
- Go Green Treadlightly: Zero Growth - Environment
- QUESTION MARK - ASK THE NATURAL CHEF Mark Reinfelds
- What kind of "table food" are the veterinarians eating? An interview with Ihor Basko by Paul Reynolds
Previous Issue | Index | Next Issue