March - April 2007
Download this issue.
Requires the free
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Ancient Hawaiian Weddings
Ancient Hawaiian cultural traditions include ho`ao pa`a (marriage), a custom by which a man and a woman were bound in a lasting union; a man was not to desert his wife nor a woman her husband.
Ayurveda's Healing Modalities
Ayurveda, or the science of life, is a holistic approach to healthcare that helps people live long, healthy and well-balanced lives. Ayurveda effectively addresses the root causes of illness rather than merely alleviating the symptoms.
The Kaua'i School of T'ai Chi Chuan with Alton Kanter
Stress and Our Health
Stress and its ill effects are of epidemic proportion in our culture, but we have available the means to ameliorate that. Tai chi and associated practices such as psycho-calisthenics, meditation and breathing exercises have been of immense benefit to humanity for over 1,200 years as stress relievers and as powerful preventive medicine.
MSG -Related to Obesity?
A look at Slow Poisoning
Is there an identifiable chemical causing the massive obesity epidemic? John Erb, a research assistant at the University of Waterloo who spent years working for the government, made an amazing discovery while going through scientific journals for a book he was writing, The Slow Poisoning of America.
- Buddhist Dharma Talk by Jane Ely, PhD
- Deeksha Oneness by Patrick Wise
- Earth Spirit Living by Ann Marie Holmes
- Ancient Hawaiian Weddings by Bernadette Park
- Stress by Alton Kantor
- Healing Modalities of Ayurveda by Darci Frankel
- Rice is Nice by Mike Pascoe, DC.
- Yoga as Relationship by Paul Reynolds
- Book reviews
- Self Realization by Paramahansa Yoganada
- Unconditional Love by Tony Moreno
- Our Toxic World by Angelo Russo, PhD
Previous Issue | Index | Next Issue